Thursday

Apple tree in watercolour.

Elizabeth Tyler painting a watercolour on location in Finland.

Right now the apple trees in our garden are blossoming giving me irresistible inspiration to paint another watercolour.  I remembered the enormous amount of work I put into one of my largest watercolour paintings in Finland some years ago. I wanted to paint the whole tree with all the pale pink blossoms in every detail.   The old weathered tree trunk created a contrast to the fresh green leaves and the delicate transparent blossoms.  I painted most of it with the stretched paper on a plywood board lying horizontally on a low table, but every now and then I had to stand it up on an easel in order to step back to judge the overall impression.
The painting measured  112 cm x 83 cm, that's 44 X 32 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment